Are you looking for more ways to get involved in your community? Do you love animals? We have the perfect opportunity for you! Join the Friends of MADACC Board of Directors!
Friends of MADACC (Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting community awareness and improving the welfare of nearly 10,000 homeless and neglected animals MADACC cares for every year.
Friends of MADACC is managed by a volunteer board of directors and with the help of volunteers provides wellness programs that focus on helping low income families keep their pets healthy; education programs that focus on educating the youth on the importance of treating their pet as a family member and resisting pressure to engage in acts of cruelty; and raises funds for the animals that come through MADACC. We also offer spay and neuter programs to help reduce the pet overpopulation in Milwaukee County.
Now accepting applications for the following volunteer positions:
Are you an outgoing and innovative individual? The Friends of MADACC board has a position open for Fundraising Co-Chair. The Fundraising Co-Chairs are responsible for:
- Researching and obtaining grants on behalf of FOM
- Seeking out donors and finding new ways of obtaining funding while raising awareness about FOM and MADACC
- Creating, planning and organizing fundraising events
- Serving as Co-Chair for Walk Run Wag, Friends of MADACC’s largest fund-raising event of the year
- Creating and maintaining relationships with donors and fundraising partners
Friends of MADACC is searching for a jack-of-all-trades volunteer Marketing Co-Chair to help develop marketing plans, launch communications across a variety of channels, and raise awareness of our organization’s and MADACC’s work!
Ideal candidates will have experience in:
- Social media marketing
- Graphic design
- Print marketing
- Event planning and promotion
- Copywriting, editing, and public relations
Are you a tech savvy and highly organized individual? Then check out this position on the Friends of MADACC volunteer board of directors. We are looking for a someone to fill the Secretary position who has good written and verbal communication skills and is also confident with IT and computer packages. Responsibilities would include:
- Taking charge of the Google Drive and Google Community
- Keeping copies of the organization’s bylaws and the Board’s policy statements
- Maintaining lists of Board Member’s information and terms
- Keeping accurate meeting minutes
- Recording all motions and decisions
- Setting up any new board members with the appropriate permissions
- Assisting in writing and proofreading important FOM communications