Are you looking for more ways to get involved in your community? Do you love animals? We have the perfect opportunity for you! Join the Friends of MADACC Board of Directors!
Friends of MADACC (Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting community awareness and improving the welfare of nearly 10,000 homeless and neglected animals MADACC cares for every year.
Friends of MADACC is managed by a volunteer board of directors and with the help of volunteers provides wellness programs that focus on helping low income families keep their pets healthy; education programs that focus on educating the youth on the importance of treating their pet as a family member and resisting pressure to engage in acts of cruelty; and raises funds for the animals that come through MADACC. We also offer spay and neuter programs to help reduce the pet overpopulation in Milwaukee County.
Now accepting applications for the following volunteer positions:
Friends of MADACC is seeking a reliable volunteer who is passionate about helping animals and who can assist the Treasurer with bookkeeping, sending tax receipts, and various other tasks to maintain our compliance with state and federal laws as well as generally accepted accounting principles.
The candidate must be:
- Have an understanding of basic accounting principles
- Have excellent time management
The following qualifications would be a plus (but not required):
- Non-profit accounting experience
- Quickbooks experience
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Non-profit business experience
Friends of MADACC is searching for a jack-of-all-trades volunteer Marketing Co-Chair to help develop marketing plans, launch communications across a variety of channels, and raise awareness of our organization’s and MADACC’s work!
Ideal candidates will have experience in:
- Social media marketing
- Graphic design
- Print marketing
- Event planning and promotion
- Copywriting, editing, and public relations
Are you passionate about animal rescue and educating people on taking care of their furry family members? The Friends of MADACC board is looking for an enthusiastic and empathetic individual to help us make a difference in the community and to help to advance our mission to keep pets happy and healthy in their current homes. The Outreach and Education Co-Chair is responsible for:
- Fostering a positive presence in the community without judgement
- Building strategic partnerships with local businesses, community leadership and other outreach organizations
- Advancing and promoting Friends of MADACC’s efforts to offer free spay and neuter surgeries to needy families in Milwaukee County
- Planning, organizing and leading several one-day community pet clinics throughout the year
- Creating avenues to disseminate information on healthy pet care, pet nutrition, the benefits of spay and neuter, and pet behavior
Ready to make a difference? Please send your resume and a letter of interest to Kelly (firstname.lastname@example.org). Note: this is an unpaid position.
Volunteer Coordinator (OPEN)
Do you want to put your stellar organizational skills to use to help Milwaukee County’s homeless animal population? We have a position for you! Friends of MADACC is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to:
- Respond to FOM or volunteer emails in a timely manner (~24 hours)
- Maintain volunteer list using Constant Contact service
- Use Constant Contact to solicit volunteers for events as needed (biweekly or weekly basis during busier season)
- Familiarize and use signup softwares to aid in volunteer signups (i.e. signup genius)
- Communicate with volunteers about upcoming events, including event specifics and special notes (attire, parking, entrance fees, etc)
- Set shift schedule for events – including times and number of people required – for both volunteers and FOM board members (ensuring there are board members present at every shift)
- Be present for events when possible
- If you are not able to attend the event, designate another board member as Volunteer Point Person
- Send reminder messages to volunteers prior to events and answer any questions they might have
- Recommend volunteers for additional responsibilities (for example, we have a volunteer who started helping count merchandise, picks up new merchandise orders and delivers it to the FOM storage unit)