Are you looking for more ways to get involved in your community? Do you love animals? We have the perfect opportunity for you! Join the Friends of MADACC Board of Directors!
Friends of MADACC (Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting community awareness and improving the welfare of nearly 10,000 homeless and neglected animals MADACC cares for every year.
Friends of MADACC is managed by a volunteer board of directors and with the help of volunteers provides wellness programs that focus on helping low income families keep their pets healthy; education programs that focus on educating the youth on the importance of treating their pet as a family member and resisting pressure to engage in acts of cruelty; and raises funds for the animals that come through MADACC. We also offer spay and neuter programs to help reduce the pet overpopulation in Milwaukee County.
Now accepting applications for the following volunteer positions:
Fundraising and Special Event Director (Two Positions OPEN)
Are you passionate about animal welfare and consider yourself to be an outgoing and resourceful individual? The Friends of MADACC board has two positions open for the role of Fundraising and Special Event Director.
These positions are responsible for:
- Working together with the other Fundraising and Special Event Director to lead the fundraising and event functions for Friends of MADACC
- Creating and maintaining relationships with individual donors, corporate partners and sponsors.
- Seeking out new ways of obtaining funding.
- Creating, planning, and organizing fundraising events
- Serving as coordinator for Barktoberfest, Friends of MADACC’s largest fund-raising event of the year.
The candidate must be:
- Have excellent time management
Prior fundraising, event management and grant writing experience is a plus but not required.
Ready to make a difference? Please send your resume and a letter of interest to Kelly (email@example.com). Note: this is an unpaid position.
Are you a tech savvy and highly organized individual? Then check out this position on the Friends of MADACC volunteer board of directors. We are looking for a someone to fill the Secretary position who has good written and verbal communication skills and is also confident with IT and computer packages. Responsibilities would include:
- Taking charge of the Google Drive and Google Community
- Keeping copies of the organization’s bylaws and the Board’s policy statements
- Maintaining lists of Board Member’s information and terms
- Keeping accurate meeting minutes
- Recording all motions and decisions
- Setting up any new board members with the appropriate permissions
- Assisting in writing and proofreading important FOM communications
If you’re interested, please send your resume and a letter of interest to Kelly (firstname.lastname@example.org). Note: this is an unpaid position.