Saturday, September 14th | 1:00pm-6:00pm | Estabrook Beer Garden
Pack your picnic basket and gather your pooch, family and friends in the spirit of Munich’s Hofbräuhaus. Experience Gemütlichkeit at Estabrook Park with your dog! We are excited to announce the 8th Annual Barktoberfest at Estabrook Garden on Saturday, September 14th!
This year we will be back again with some of your favorite activities, and will have some exciting new things planned as well! Join Friends of MADACC for an afternoon of tail-waggin’ fun. Enjoy food and libations from the Estabrook Beer Garden along with lots of activities for your four-legged friend.
Free admission | Rain or Shine | Free Parking
Get updates by following the Barktoberfest Facebook event.
- Vendor booths featuring local pet-related business, shelter, and rescue groups
- Lure Course hosted by Friends of MADACC
- Agility Course hosted by Agility Possibilities
- Buy a commemorative Barktoberfest 2019 pint glass for $10 and you will receive $1 off your beer purchases for an entire year, whenever you use your glass at the Estabrook Beer Garden!
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS EVENT
- No retractable leashes.
- All dogs, no matter size, breed or temperament MUST BE ON LEASH!
- The only instance a dog can be off leash is during Lure Course or Agility while in the fenced area.
- Please pick up after your dog(s), waste bags can be found at the FOM tent.
- Estabrook Beer Garden features beers imported from the Munich Hofbräuhaus. All beer is served in the appropriate 1/2 Liter or Full Liter heavy glass mug. A $5 refundable deposit is required for the use of a mug.
- The carry-in of outside alcohol is strictly prohibited.
MEET THE BARKTOBERFEST CHAIR
Nellie (or as you may know her, Nellie the Pretty Pittie) was adopted when she was about 7 months old. It was love at first sight for her mom when she met Nellie at an fundraising event. Adopting her was the best decision ever! The phrase “Who rescued who?” has never been more accurate. Life is so much better with Nellie in it. She is the happiest dog and is such a social butterfly. She just wants to give big hugs (aka jump up to put her paws on someone’s shoulders) and sloppy kisses to everyone she meets. Nellie gets the biggest smile, full body wiggles and sneezes when she is really excited. She loves going for long walks, playing with her dog friends, learning new tricks, and chasing after a tennis ball, but nothing compares to her love of the sprinkler, the hose, or a swimming pool. She is obsessed with water! She could spend hours jumping through the sprinkler or swimming in a pool. She lives by the phrase “play hard, nap hard”. She goes all out when she’s playing with her friends or swimming, but then will come home to spend the rest of the afternoon napping. Nellie is definitely living the good life these days! That’s why she is very excited to be the first ever dog to chair Barktoberfest. Come say “hi” to Nellie on September 14th!
Visit the website for a map of parking at the park and on nearby streets. Only Official Parks & Beer Garden Vehicles may operate vehicles on service roads, pathways and lawns. All motor vehicles, motorcycles & motor scooters must remain in the paved parking lot area.