Are you looking for more ways to get involved in your community? Do you love animals? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
Friends of MADACC (Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization managed by a board of directors with the help of committee members and volunteers. All of our combined efforts provide programs that help families and their pets receive veterinary and pet supply resources in the community; enrich the lives of animals at MADACC, increase the number of adoptions from MADACC, and provide free spay and neuter solutions for animals in Milwaukee County.
Join an incredible group of volunteers who help make our events a success! We have many events throughout the year that either raise money for animals or provide resources to people and their pets in the community. Volunteer for fun fundraising events like Barktoberfest or volunteer hands-on with members of the community at Pet Clinics. Volunteer for as many events or as few! No previous volunteer experience necessary!
Common volunteer duties include:
- Distributing flyers or door hangers for upcoming events
- Helping sell Friends of MADACC merchandise at our fundraising events
- Helping set-up, take-down and operating our Lure Course. Lure Course is a fun game for dogs! They love it and it raises money!
- Helping set up and clean up events.
- Assisting doggy artists with creating their paw painting masterpieces
- Selling raffle tickets
- Managing raffle basket displays and handing out prizes during fundraising events
- Assisting people with questions and logistics during our Community Pet Clinics
Sign up to get emails with upcoming volunteer events at the form on this page.
Questions about volunteering? Contact Kylie Radjenovic (email@example.com).
If you are interested in volunteering but would like to take it up a notch, becoming a Friends of MADACC committee member might be right for you! Friends of MADACC works on several special projects throughout the year and we are always looking for help! If you have an interest in raising awareness, advancing the wellbeing of animals, helping people and like working from the comfort of your own home, we would love to have you join one of our committees! We have project work in marketing/graphic design, outreach/resource help, and fundraising. We are always looking for people who have specialized skills and experience in these areas but prior experience is not a requirement for all areas. If you have passion for helping animals, we would love to talk with you! Learn more about committees below.
Marketing and Graphic Design Committee
The Marketing and Graphic Design Committee is responsible for creating the digital and print materials for Friends of MADACC. Committee members will help with the following work, based on experience:
- Brochures and flyers
- Event banners
- Logo and t-shirt designs
- Social media graphics
- Social media posts and monitoring
- Google ads and analytics
- Live events
Content is always provided; the designer is only responsible for the design of all products. Friends of MADACC does not have access to online stock images and relies on donated stock images, donated images from professional photographers within the community, and open access stock images. There are also other committee responsibilities outside of design, so graphic design experience is not a requirement. If you’re interested in joining the Marketing Committee, email Stephanie Junek (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Leah Thomas (email@example.com). If you are interested in the Marketing and Graphic Design Committee specifically, please include samples of your previous work.
Outreach and Resource Committee
The Outreach and Resource Committee is responsible for providing resources within the community that help people and their pets stay together. People love their pets but sometimes need more or different resources to take care of their pets. As part of the Outreach and Resource Committee, a committee member would:
- Distribute flyers advertising our upcoming Community Pet Clinics
- Assist with scheduling and organizing Community Pet Clinics
- Reach out to local and national businesses for donations of collars, leashes, treats, pet food, cat litter and other pet-related resources
- Provide pet supplies and pet food to families and their pets in the community
- Circulate information on the Friends of MADACC Spay & Neuter Voucher Program
- Research resource information including tips on how to keep pets happy and healthy, spay/neuter facts, basic training and low-cost local services.
The Fundraising Committee is responsible for engaging donors and sponsors in order to increase proceeds and lower costs. A committee member would:
- Contact local businesses for donations to include in raffle baskets
- Engage corporations to sponsor large events
- Work with local businesses to set up events where Friends of MADACC is a beneficiary
If you’re interested in the Fundraising Committee, please email Tyler Pouros (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Board of Directors
If you are passionate about animal welfare and see yourself as a leader, then this role might be for you. The Friends of MADACC Board of Directors is responsible for strategic oversight of all activities, managing the operations of the organization and overseeing committee and volunteer work. Board members spend between 2-10 hours per week on Friends of MADACC, not including monthly board meetings and other events.
We are not currently accepting applications for the Board of Directors, other volunteer opportunities are available.
If you are interested in volunteering, joining a committee or joining the leadership team, please email us at email@example.com for more information. We look forward to hearing from you!